Shoots & Leaves 1.1 is now available on the App Store. Changes in this version include:
- Camera roll support: Tap and hold on the shutter button to select photos from your camera roll.
- Evernote support: Upload photos to Evernote, send links to Evernote, or both.
- Post links to Things.
- Post links to Simplenote.
- Upload settings: Control the size and quality of the photos you upload.
- Want to see the tutorial again? Launch it, and find other useful links, from the upload settings menu.
- Dropbox links now point directly to the photo, instead of a sharing page.
- Configured actions that no longer work (e.g. An action that posts to Drafts, but you’ve deleted the Drafts app. No, I can’t imagine doing that either.) are no longer hidden. Instead, if you try to select it you’re prompted to choose something else or fix the issue. If that action is currently selected you’ll be prompted next time the app is launched.
- Configured hosts that no longer work (e.g. You revoked this app’s access to your Dropbox account) will prompt you when you select them to pick a different host or fix the issue. If the host is already selected you’ll be prompted when the app launches.
- Tons of bugs and UI glitches.
It’s on sale for $1.99 till the end of today, so go grab it now.
And if you use Shoots & Leaves and enjoy it, this would be a great time to leave a review. It helps us and it helps other people discover the app.
To give you an idea of what’s coming, I’m currently working on version 1.2. I’m hoping to have it out this summer, and it will include a URL scheme, new hosts, new actions, and more bug fixes. Then, 1.3 will launch with iOS 8 and include as much of the great new features as I can squeeze in.